The Grand Rapids Bridge Year Urban Scholarship is a needs-based scholarship available to students living in an urban neighborhood. The Urban Scholarship is applied toward the student’s fundraising goal and assists with ancillary GR Bridge Year costs. Scholarships will be determined and awarded by BSM based on nominations received.
- Student must live in an urban neighborhood.
- Student and his/her family must lack the means and networks to raise sufficient financial support for GR Bridge Year.
- Student must display Christian character and demonstrate a clear spiritual commitment to excel at GR Bridge Year.
- Student must meet all other general requirements for incoming GR Bridge Year students.
To apply for the Urban Scholarship, provide the BSM with the following:
- A one-page typed essay explaining why you are applying for the scholarship.
- Nomination form and letter from a credible person you know (non-relative).
All forms should be mailed to BSM 1034 Bridge Street, Grand Rapids, MI 49504 or scanned and e-mailed to email@example.com. All forms must be postmarked by the last Friday in August of the year you are applying.