Learning Center Policies And Procedures
- Resurgence agrees to meet all of the following requirements of Executive Order 2020-142.
- Resurgence assures that, while schools are closed to in-person instruction, we will provide opportunities for distance learning for Westwood Middle School and surrounding Schools.
- Resurgence agrees to cooperate with the local public health department. If a confirmed case of COVID-19 is identified, contact information will be collected from the affected individual from two days before he or she showed symptoms until the time he or she was last present at the Youth Center.
- Resurgence will notify local health officials and school families if a student or staff has been clinically diagnosed with a case of COVID-19. We will work with health officials regarding contact tracing and communicate with any likely close contacts so that they can choose to self-quarantine for up to 14 days at home. Students and staff will be closely monitored for any symptoms of COVID-19.
- As recommended by the Kent County Health Department, we will follow the procedures for contact tracing and communication with all close contacts of the COVID-19 positive case.
- We will be following the Kent County Health Department’s recommendation for subsequent action steps following a confirmed positive case for staff and students and household members of staff and students.
- We will work with the Kent County Health Department in assessing the level of community transmission of COVID-19. In the case of substantial, uncontrolled community transmission, Resurgence will close temporarily and will reopen based on the recommendation of the Kent County Health Department.
- All students are required to wear face coverings for the duration of labs.
- Students will not share personal items with classmates.
- The classroom setting will be thoroughly cleaned (per CDC guidelines) after each session.
- Students will not be allowed to share snacks.
- Each student will receive an individually wrapped/ pre-packaged snack.
- Students may sit in the area reserved for food and enjoy snacks without masks.
- Each student will dispose of their own trash and make sure their area is clean.
- Hand sanitizer will be made available. Students should sanitize frequently.
- Students will enter in the back door of the Youth Center and walk directly upstairs for learning labs.
- Students will sit three to a table (6 feet apart) to begin their class.
- Students will bring their own laptops and hotspots to begin their class.
- A.’s/GRBY students will be available to assist students with homework needs and tutoring.
- In order for students to be a part of Resurgence, parents will need to complete the registration form either online or in person.
- Lab registration forms will include information needed for contact tracing.
- Lab registration forms will allow students to be transported from their homes (or school) to labs.
- Lab registration forms will give Bridge Street Ministries permission to use photos for promotional purposes/
- Students who have registered will be able to attend labs.
- Students will be required to wear masks during transportation to (and from) and for the duration of labs.
- Students will sit 6 feet apart and limit physical contact during labs.
- All students will limit the sharing of personal items and supplies such as writing utensils.
- Students will complete a wellness check before entering either the van (for transportation) or the Youth Center (if they are being transported through another route).
- Students will have to have a temperature no higher than 98 degrees. If a student has a temperature of 99 degrees or higher they will not be allowed to attend labs for that day.
- Students with a temperature will have to quarantine at home until symptoms subside.
- Students who have contracted COVID-19 will have to quarantine at home for 14 days.
- All faculty, staff and volunteers must wear a new/clean facial covering in the when in a classroom with other people (e.g. students, co-workers, visitors, etc.) and while being transported to and from labs
- Resurgence staff will notify local health officials and families if a student or staff has contracted COVID-19. We will work with health officials regarding communication and contact tracing. Resurgence strongly suggests close contacts to self-quarantine for 14 days at home. Students and staff will be closely monitored for any symptoms of COVID-19.
- We will be following guidelines given by the Kent County Health Department’ for action steps following a positive COVID-19 test.
- In the event of an uncontrollable spread of COVID-19 amongst students or staff, Resurgence will temporarily close with plans to reopen based on the recommendations from Kent County Health Department.